How do you Pick out a Headstone?
There's no doubt that when it comes to planning burial or cremation services in Hilton, NY, multiple details can go into the event. This can get more complicated if the individual planning it is going through grief after the loss. One of the aspects of planning all the tasks will be picking out a headstone if the individual is going to be buried. Having additional information can be helpful, so here are some ways to pick out a headstone.
What is Your Budget?
The cost of the services can range depending on the level of details that are chosen, so anytime you're planning any details, you want to make sure you understand what your budget is before placing an order. Headstones can range in prices depending on how extravagant you want them to be, so keep this in mind as you are searching.
What Does the Cemetery Require?
The next thing you need to look at is the regulations for the cemetery the individual will be laid to rest at. Each property will have its own set of rules that must be addressed, including the headstone size, so consider this with your planning. Also, keep in mind that there are different fees for installing and maintaining the headstone and have that accounted for in your budget.
What are the Options
Headstones come in four different types including:
- Flat: This is a common one found flat on the ground and can come in multiple sizes and materials.
- Upright: This is a more traditional option and is adhered to the ground with a vertical base.
- Raised-Top: These come as blocks that will slant or slope from the rear to the front.
- Kerbed: This option is a full-size monument that will lay on the ground in addition to a headstone.
There are a variety of different materials available to choose from, and the most popular choices are:
- Stainless steel: This option is well known for being sturdy and is one of the more durable options for withstanding the weather.
- Bronze: This is the most durable option on the market that will require some maintenance and is one of the more expensive choices.
- Granite: This option is popular due to its adaptability and flexibility, as well as color variations. It's also one of the more affordable choices on the market.
- Marble: Marble is popular because it comes in a bright material chosen for aesthetic reasons.
- Limestone: Limestone is a standard option that's found in cemeteries. Because the material is softer, making it more vulnerable to breakdown over time from the weather.
Connection Through Care
With all the options available on the market to choose from when it comes to headstones, you want to work with a company that understands the intricacies that go into planning funeral or cremation services in Hilton, NY. Farrell-Ryan Funeral Home is a locally owned company that understands the pain of loss and specializes in multiple services. If you need some assistance with planning a service, give us a call today, and we will help you get started.